The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

• The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

Taft Today

The Chicago Bears 2024 Offseason Predictions

The Chicago Bears finished this season with a 7-10 record improving from last season ending with a 3-14 record. They also got the first pick and also the ninth pick in this upcoming NFL draft in April, and have the seventh most cap space in the NFL making room for signing new players.

There are alot of scenarios about what will the Bears do this offseason and if it would make them a really good team or a team like they have been for the past 4 years. The Chicago Bears have to make their final decision soon.

“The Bears should keep Justin Fields and use our first pick to acquire a wide receiver and use our cap space to get a better offensive line and get all stars in the team,” said Isiah Negron, Taft senior.

The Bears fanbase has been wanting to keep Fields and get the wide receiver Marvion Harrison Jr from Ohio State. And skip the rookie quarterback Caleb Williams from University Of Oklahoma.

“I say trade Justin Fields and acquire Caleb Williams because this quarterback has a bright future and can break the curse for the Chicago Bears having an average quarterback for the past 80 years and not having an elite quarterback,” said Jayden Figueroa, Taft junior.

This is where it’s a big decision for the Chicago Bears to make. They either can start fresh with a new quarterback and build with a future star or they can keep Fields as their guy and see him develop as a star and lead the Bears to possibly winning the Super Bowl.

This Offseason will really determine how the Chicago Bears will be for a couple of years and will also answer the question if the Bears will be contenders and take the NFC North or will be pretenders and possibly lose everything if the Chicago Bears mess up this opportunity this offseason.