The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

• The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

Taft Today

Saying Goodbye to Mr. Grishaber

After 10 long years at Taft High School our one and only principal Mark Grishaber has decided to step down and say goodbye. On Feb. 13, all students and staff received a very surprising email from Mr.G himself. He revealed to us that as of Aug. 1, he will no longer be principal at Taft High School.

According to Grishaber’s email,  he made three promises back in 2014 and can leave knowing he followed through on all three promises. Many things wouldn’t be how they are today if it wasn’t for Mr. G. He made it possible for kids to come to Taft without kids having to worry about taking a selective enrollment test. He created big events like “Friday Night Light” for all grade levels to enjoy.

We spoke to Mr.Grishaber and asked him what waits for him on the other side. Is he still going to attend the big event he helped create now that he will no longer be with us? Grishaber responded, “Yes, I will be around. You have not seen the last of G-Dizzle. I plan on being at many events and especially the next four graduation ceremonies so I can see all my current Eagles walk the stage.” 

Leaving Taft High school is a hard decision for anyone to make. We asked Grishaber if it was a hard decision to say goodbye to a school he has worked at for a while. 

“Weighing the pros and cons of leaving was tougher than I thought, but once I make a decision on anything, I move on,” said Grishaber.

The last thing we talked about was if he will miss not only Taft High school but all his staff and students that have been with him throughout the years. 

“I will not miss the circus but I will miss the clowns,” replied Grishaber. 

As of Aug. 1, Grishaber will no longer be at Taft so make sure you say your goodbyes before it is too late. As Grishaber always says, “School starts at 7:30. Go Eagles.”