The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

• The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

Taft Today

Anto Pizza and Pasta

Right in the heart of Chicago lies a little Italian restaurant called Anto Pizza and Pasta.

Known for their pasta which is served in big cones, the restaurant is small and quaint but has a menu sure to satisfy one’s craving for Italian food.

At first glance, the restaurant appears very small and quaint and has very limited seating. If you’re planning on bringing a bigger group of people you might have some trouble finding space. Anto Pizza and Pasta also offers an outdoor seating area right outside the building.

When we visited we had to sit outside, luckily they do have heaters which made it more comfortable. 

The menu was nice and simple and provided a nice array of various Italian foods. They have appetizers like calamari and garlic bread, soups and salads, entrees such as chicken parmesan and salmon, a variety of pizzas and toppings, and an extensive list of all sorts of pastas.

When we first arrived, it was a little packed on the inside so we were seated in the outdoor area and it was a colder day, but the waiting staff was kind enough to provide us with a free appetizer for the inconvenience.

Taft senior, Anastasija Stojakovic, said, “The service was great. We had to wait a little bit to be seated so they gave us free breadsticks as compensation, that was super nice of them.”

We do recommend that you call in advance to check if they do have seating available, especially if it is for a bigger party.

The workers were very kind and accommodating, and a big highlight of the dining experience.

So the first part of the meal were the appetizers and we got the plate of the house made garlic bread on focaccia. The bread was served with a side of marinara sauce. The focaccia bread was nice and crispy, and the garlic flavor was delicious.

The star of the show had to be the pasta, which is what we ordered. Anto Pizza and Pasta offers a unique way to enjoy their pasta, and that is by serving it to you in a big cone.

Taft senior, Kristina Aleksic, said, “Anto’s had a pretty nice variety of foods, but we definitely went to check out the pasta in a cone.” 

The pastas we ordered were the Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp, and the Spaghetti Carbonara.

The Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp was extremely tasty. It did cost extra to get shrimp on the Fettuccine Alfredo, but the portion was very big. The pasta came out very hot and fresh and the shrimp were cooked perfectly, as were the noodles. The pasta sauce was a top tier version of the Alfredo sauce many are used to.

The second order of pasta was even better. The Spaghetti Carbonara came with a very delicious creamy sauce on top of the noodles and with pieces of pancetta pork, which is a type of bacon. The cheese they used was very good and once again the spaghetti was cooked perfectly.

The whole cone experience was the most exciting part. The cone was very big and full to the top. However, after a while it was a little difficult to reach the bottom of the cone but it wasn’t the worst issue. The waiters also provided plates in case you wanted to transfer your pasta from cone to plate.

Taft senior, Jonathan Rutkowski, said, “The food was great, as was the service, it was a little on the pricey side but I would definitely recommend Anto’s for a nice night out with friends.” 

The whole dining experience at Anto Pizza and Pasta was great, with little to no complaints. It was a fun and unique way to get a taste of authentic Italian food for a reasonable price.