The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

• The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

Taft Today

Kendrick Lamar is the Best Rapper of All Time

Courtesy of reporter.
Courtesy of reporter.

Kendrick Lamar is the best artist of all time because of his talents and how impactful his music is. I think no other artist can do what Lamar does in his music, he is so unique in his own way and his music style.

A lot of people and also myself see Lamar’s music as a piece of art and a masterpiece of his work through the decade. He personally changed music and influenced other artists with his flow, style and lyrics.

“ Lamar’s music has changed my life and he really changed the rap game with unique lyrics and use of poetic lyrics and also leaving real world messages behind his music that can be powerful and make change,” said Josiah Jenkins, Taft senior.

Lamar explains in his lyrics racism and inequality with religion and also being raised in Compton and his experience living in Compton. Another thing he explains is his mental issues and his therapy so he explains his life and others using his music.

I see him as a musical genius, this is because each of Lamar’s albums is a different story telling device. His first album Section. 80 being a book, good kid m.A.A.d city  being a movie, To Pimp A Butterfly is a poem, DAMN. is a magazine and his new album Mr. Morale and The Big Steppers being a play.

This is because Section.80 songs are named as chapters.lso GKMC having skits at the end of each song, TPAB’s poetic devices in songs, DAMN. having a magazine cover and the way each song is fonted as if it was a magazine, and MMATBS having dancers in the background and piano sounds in the background of each song.

Lamar shows and expresses emotion using his vocals and tone and aggression on his songs. For example in his song “U” in the To Pimp A Butterfly album he changes his voice to show him crying and being heartbroken just by singing it and in other songs he sounds aggressive so no other artist can do that.

Lamar’s music now continues to make a impact and he is sill in his best till this day he is still breaking records by having his good kid, m.A.Ad city (GKMC) in the top 200 billboards for 10 years straight, and his new album Mr. Morale and The Big Steppers (MMATBS) for best rap album in 2023.