The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

• The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

Taft Today

Will the Chicago Bulls Be Top Contenders This Season?

Courtesy of reporter.
Courtesy of reporter.

The Chicago Bulls’ season is just around the corner, and fans from all over the Chicagoland area are excited to see how they do this year.

The Chicago Bulls, during their previous season, were sitting in the ninth seed and their record was 40-42. Which was overall decent, but fans want to see more enhancements. The students at Taft have been murmuring with predictions and have been talking about what they want to see this upcoming season.

“I honestly don’t know how to feel about this upcoming season. I want the Bulls to do great but judging from the past I feel very uncertain but we want them to succeed this year,” said Anastasija Stojakavic, Taft senior.

During the Chicago Bulls offseason, minor changes have been made to the team. According to ESPN, the Bulls were deciding on trading star player Zach Lavine but decided to not. As for who the Bulls have acquired, they were able to add Jevon Carter, Torrey Craig and gave Ayo Dosunmu a three-year extension of a 21 million dollar deal.

“The Bulls made some decent changes but not very big changes to the roster, everything is still mediocre, and the players they acquired are solid players and nobody is too elite,” said Alex Furman, Taft junior.

During the 2021 season, Bulls were the first seed in the eastern conference for sometime, until some injuries caused the rest of the season to fall down a downward spiral. This led to the seventh seed, barely making the playoffs. Fans lost hope but now it seems they are going to have a healthy season due to Lonzo Ball’s dedication.

“That Bulls year won’t be forgotten. It definitely affected us and thinking what we could have done better or what would’ve happened if our players didn’t get injured, that question will forever live in our heads and be unanswered,” said Vito Capili, Taft junior.

So from what has been heard from Taft Bulls fans, there are positive emotions about this upcoming season. Taft Bulls fans are ready to forget the past and are looking forward to what is to happen in prospect.