The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

• The Student News Site of William Howard Taft High School

Taft Today

Taft Today

New Hunger Games Prequel

Courtesy of reporter.

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes is the brand new prequel to the original four Hunger Games movies. The movie tells the story of a young Coriolanus Snow, during the 10th annual Hunger Games, and Lucy Gray Baird as they go through this story before the events of the famous ‘The Hunger Games.’

The film, which came out on Nov. 17, caused a ton of anticipation for moviegoers. The idea of a prequel to an already so famous and adored movie series caused speculation if the new movie would even compare. On top of wondering if the movie will be like the book that came out in 2020. 

Taft sophomore Abbey Vancil said, “I think coming out with a prequel was a great idea. It’s a good way to give the fans more content without changing anything about the original series.” 

The movie brought a new perspective to the current movies and character President Snow. Showing his development into becoming President of Panem, while introducing a new character, Lucy Gray Baird the female tribute, from District 12, for the 10th annual Hunger Games. 

Taft senior Deanna Raczkiewycz said, “I think the movie did a great job giving viewers a new and interesting look into the Hunger Games world.” 

There are many well known actors and actresses casted in The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, bringing attraction to the movie. Rachel Zegler played Lucy Gray Baird, Tom Blyth played President Snow, Hunter Schafer played Tigris Snow, and many more. 

“There’s a lot of big actors and each one does their character justice,” said Vancil. 

So far The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes has been a big hit, it surpassed the 100 million dollar milestone at the domestic box offices and has received great reviews.